Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween in the Making

Saturday

Okay.. It's 10am on Halloween morning and we have no costume.

I like the concept of a bee and bee keeper so we're going to try and make it happen. Right after throwing out the idea it looks like it's going to come together, one of Doug's clients is actually a bee keeper. Costume #1 complete.

Now for a Bee

I looked online to scope out pictures of bee costumes and they all turned out to be slutty outfits with a stripe or two that you would need a name tag to figure out it was suppose to be a bee.

So we're making one from scratch.

When we think of bee's we both thought about big and bulbous so I'm making a big but out of an old tea shirt. Then we'll make stripes.



Angels wings spray painted yellow



Antennas made from a headband, wire and yellow ping pong balls



Add a stinger and some yellow stripes via duct tape



(can you believe I'm going to attach this big bee but to me???)

Add some stripes to my dress



And whola... I'm a bee!