Waking up in Venice is amazing. This is the building I woke up in. We took it the day before, can you see me waving out the window.


We woke up early... okay not early enough... we were already late for our pick up to Murano Island. The hotel manager set us up with a water limo pick up early in the morning because we are boarding the ship this afternoon. Everything worked out lovely.

The ride was fast... fun... and there was so much to see along the ride. I had fun taking photos of the water, boats and buildings.
When we arrived at Murano and took a tour in one of the factories. Then browsed through an amazing store and gallery of glass.

We did fall in love with this piece but, the price was enough to make us think on it over lunch. Our handler was reluctant to let us leave but, we left the nest and wandered around town.
So fun.. filled with shops and lots of hand blown glass options.


We found a beautiful vase that was just right for us!

This is our shop keep packing it for us (yep, thats a cig hanging from his lip, love it)
We took the ferry back to the San Marco Piazza. Warning, to those doing the same, the ferry runs on a random schedule and we missed three before we got on. The last two we were actually standing in the loading zone.. I can't say what actually happened but we didn't make it on.

Riding the ferry was great. We sat in the back and let the wind whip us around.

We had a quick pizza lunch in the Piazza and walked back to the hotel to pick up our bags and board the cruise ship.

Whoopeee... so exciting.


This is our cute little room!! Our steward pushed the beds together and moved it around for us while we ran around the ship and gave ourselves a tour, giggling and ordering drinks.

I think I squealed when I saw the big movie screen. We found an adults only bar on the back of the ship that became our favorite hang out. Not that there were any kids on the ship but, it was a more intimate bar and pool.

After settling in we went back to Venice!! They provided a water taxi to take us back to shore since we were docked for the night. We wandered San Marco and found a lovely restaurant with tables set up in the alley. After dinner we went back to the ferry location and decided to wait for the very last boat. We settled into a table on the walkway and had a couple beers. Fell in love with the glasses... and well I'll save that storytelling verbally.
Anyway.. the night ended with Doug and I running for the boat with two glasses in our hands barely catching what we didn't know was the last boat for the evening at almost 2am.