Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend - Willamette Valley

With the kitchen pretty under control we took off the day after Thanksgiving for a weekend getaway in Willamette Valley.

Friday

We headed out the door by 9:30.







Our first stop was Cooper Mtn and the girl there was kind enough to set us up with a map and some small winery recommendations. She told us about Natalie's.




16825 NE Chehalem Drive Newberg 97132
503-807-5008

www.nataliesestatewinery.com

Open only 2 times a year, Thanksgiving Harvest and Memorial Weekend









After what was by now more than a few glasses of wine, I saw the beauty in everything the car passed. Doug was kind enough to accommodate what I thought was the budding photographer.






















We found it

Adelsheim Winery

http://www.adelsheim.com/

16800 Northeast Calkins Lane
Newberg, OR 97132








Mistletoe! I've rarely seen it fresh, mostly plastic imitations muchless in the wild.



We checked into our hotel plenty buzzed then went to dinner at a little Mexican place on Main Street. After dinner we went to the Cellar bar.