Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years in Banff - Roadtrip

Wednesday December 30th

The road trip officially began at 5:30am. Becci and Ian met us at the house and we loaded the car. I had the convenience of working from home on Tuesday, so I had the time in between working to make mac cheese and other meals for the trip and pack a cooler. Of course I was too excited to sleep the night before and crawled into bed after 1am.

The roads were pretty good for the most part. We beat the boarder guards to the boarder. Yep, believe it or not the boarder doesn't open until 8am. We arrived 15 minutes early and were the first in line.

The last two hours into Banff are nasty. Becci was a trooper and drove on some sketch conditions. We stopped at a gas station and listened to all the chat about the conditions ahead... black ice and pile ups. We powered through.

Becci hooked us up with her parents time share points and we stayed in a great place in Canmore, which is about 15 minutes from Banff.



Worldmark Canmore
91 Three Sisters Drive, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3A1, Canada
Rooms 511, 513 and 517

We rolled into Banff at dinner time and ate at Melissa's "Mistake". No no.. I'm not implying the food wasn't good. It was a good time, I just thought the Missteak sign was hilarious, maybe I was delirious. This is where "lock it up" (one of our sayings for the week during the same conversation we also added Banging and Shut it Down) started. The boards were on the roof of the car but we forgot the key so Ian was nervous about parking too far from the car so we ate at the restaurant where we found the parking spot.



After dinner we rolled into Canmore, unloaded the car, watched snowboarding videos and drank wine.