Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Golden Gardens Cinco De Mayo

Well... the rain continued all day so we finally cancelled the photo session at 3pm today. That in itself was pretty exciting. Sarah called me and when she said, "This is Sarah Rhoads" I almost fell over as if a celebrity was calling me. Her brand is her name so I'd been on her website and blog so many times, not to mention all of the times I've said her name to friends and family to check out her amazing images.

Sadly, the minute we cancelled the sun started shining and it turned out to be the most beautiful evening we've seen this spring. Becci and Ian were still game so we kept our plans to hang out at Golden Gardens to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

But of course... before we left the house I asked Doug to take a picture of my pretty hair. I had it ready for the photos and even took the time to tease and smooth the top for volume, something I never do.



Since we snuck out of work early in time to catch a table at El Cameno and have soem snacks and cervezas.





Then off to Golden Gardens.

Becci and Ian just got a new Vanagan and it ROCKS!!







If you can over look the fact that garbage cans are making the long shadows, you can see how pretty and empty the beach was. We were about the only ones there which is such a nice change from the crowded summers.







Ummm... no one quite knows why Doug is acting passed out.



But it's all an act.



The sunset lasted hours!