Monday, May 3, 2010

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts

Okay...

I'm super excited for the upcoming photo session with Sarah Rhoads.


Sarah mentioned having some colorful quilts over email today. How perfect!! Why didn't I think of that sooner. My grandma's made BEAUTIFUL quilts and I think I inherited a few that are at my Mom's house. So the sweetheart that she is, volunteered to drive up to Seattle in the rain at 7 o'clock just to deliver them to me.

How fun are these!!!



This one is the one I always think of when I think of a quilt. This was on my parents bed for 20 years. Yep, 20 years! Essentially my whole childhood it was folded at the bottom of their bed. It has a lovely wear to it now and it holds a special place in my heart.

I have to admit I don't remember seeing this one before but it's precious. This was made by my mom's godmother.



Funky fresh Hawaiian Japanese 70's quilts made by my dad's mom.





This one is my favorite. Still has a little Hawaiian funk to it but so elegant. I guess the curves and layout of the circles are a challenge in the quilting world. The circles represent eternity and matrimony.



Thank you Mom!!!