Project One:
Replace the overhead light with a chandelier
Found an inexpensive one at ballarddesigns.com
Project Two:
Make a headboard
http://streamsurf.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-very-own-hot-carpenter.html
Project Three:
Refinish and paint the grannie furniture
As part of the bedroom redesign we are also setting up the landing area at the top of the stairs outside of the bedroom.
I found this old chair in a thrift shop and I think it has a lot of potential. I love the unique round back and the mismatch legs.
Step one... sanding
Doug took off the pink seat fabric. We'll use this as a pattern and reupholster it.
We also sanded and painted a corner of the end table to see what the end result would look like.
Funny story about the color. I told Doug to pick up a can of paint in the color "Espresso" and he came home with a creamy tan-ish color. When identifying the disconnect we discovered that he took the comment literally and thought of his cup of coffee after he adds several ounces of vanilla creamer.