Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whistler Telus Ski and Snowboard Fest

Whistler
Thursday April 16 - Sunday April 19th

We left right after work on Thursday. (I narrowly escaped a meltdown at work. There was an emergency re factoring of the annual forecast and everyone was locked in a conference room until 11pm)

Half way up to the boarder Doug remembered the passports. The gentleman that he is, dropped me off at the premium outlets to shop while he back tracked. We didn't get in until after 2am.

We stayed at the Marketplace lodge and snuck mojo in and out successfully.



We slept in until 9:30 on Friday and then went to Whistler. Booths and stages were being set up for the festival. When we got up to the mountain I was delighted to see all of the demo booths. I've been meaning to get a new board.

I started off by trying out a 149 Lily from Solomon





The second day on the slopes was absolutely amazing. We regrettably forgot our big camera but we did get a couple with the Olympus.







Then I tried the k2 which were a little big. My third set I checked out was an Arbor. The lily was my favorite. I ended up bombing through some powder I never would have attempted on the Whistler Bowl with Doug. (As a result I bought the top of the line free ride Solomon board when I got back.)


Saturday night we had dinner at the Wildflower in the Four Seasons.
Spring specials $10 prime rib dinner. With wine, salads and deserts the meal still came to almost $200 but, very worth it. (p.s. mojo sat in a bag at our feet the whole time)

We split the wedge salad which was delicious. For future reference I would like to make this salad. Shaved radishes and dill sprinkled on top, Rockford blue cheese with honey drizzled on top. Delicious!



And the famous prime rib special for $10, with Yorkshire pudding.



After dinner we sat out on the patio around a fire

From Whistler Telus Spring 4/19/09 9:04 PM









We went back to the village and found a deck that we could watch the big air competition.



From Whistler Telus Spring 4/19/09 9:04 PM






Sunday the weather proved to be wet so we hit the road at 11am after packing up and checking out of the condo.

Sadly the boarder crossing at the truck stop was over 2.5 hours. Here's a shot of Doug and Mojo going for a walk while we waited in line.