Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm ALIVE

I'm scared!

I took a Valium the morning (prescribed by the doctor) to get over the anxioty. The surgery starts with several very painful numbing shots in my mouth. I'm awake the entire time which is a lot freaky. You can feel the tugging and cutting and sewing of the stitches. The worst part is cauterizing the blood vessels. Since it's on my lip the smell of burning flesh fills my nostrils. When they get to the larger vessels it sends nerve shocks down my mouth into my teeth. He said that everything is numb but since we were so deep in the mouth the nerves can't be numbed as they connect to other areas in the mouth.

Ummmmm.... ouch! feels like you might imagine your mouth would feel if you got electrocuted.

That and I'm a big whiny baby.

But.. the good news. I'm alive and they are very confident they got all of the unusual cells with the first batch.