Valentines Day Menu
Bruschetta
Smokey Corn and Tomato
Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil
Carpaccio di Barbabietola
(roasted beet carpaccio, orange citronette, with aged sheep cheese)
Ravioli con L’Uovo
(ravioli filled with spinach, ricotta, egg yolk and truffle)
Rosa di Parma
(braised beef stuffed with prosiutto and Parmigiano Reggiano)
Served with Truffled Potato Puree with Mascarpone
Desert
Lava Molten Cake
and
Panna Cotta con Fragole e Balsamico Vecchio
(panna cotta with strawberries and aged balsamic)
--------------
The most ambitious menu I've ever put together for one evening. It took all weekend to pull off.. so glad it's a three day weekend.
One area I saved time was going to a good butcher. Not only is the meat fresh and taste better but, he put in all of the prep muscle for me. The flank stake was butterflied and tenderized for me. I also picked up the prosciutto and some smoked bones for Mojo.
A & J Meats & Seafood Inc
2401 Queen Anne Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-2021
I stuffed the steak with prosciutto and Reggiano, then tied it up. Browned it in a pan, added garlic and rosemary, then simmered it with wine and marsala for 30 minutes, served in pinwheel slices at medium rare.
I found truffles at the Met Market and shaved them and simmered in butter for the Ravioli and Potato Puree.

I used my tried and true pasta dough recipe (with evoo in place of one egg) and rolled it out.
This is the first time I've added a yoke to ravioli. It's time consuming but worth it. Such an amazing experience to bite into. (I messed up one and it turned to scrambled eggs.. not so good but makes you appreciate it when they are cooked perfectly.)